I have 38 years’ experience in the field of erosion and hydrodynamic studies influencing the ecosystem ecologies. I am an IRD engineering specialist for hydrophysical measurements and erosion parameters in the natural environment and cropped areas using rainfall and runoff simulators and stream flow studies.
- Specialist of hydrophysical measures and erosion parameters (on-site and off-site effects) in natural environment (from 1 m2 scale to watershed).
- Metrologist: technical innovation for the runoff simulator, apparatus for taking pictures in vertical position, traps for sediments in situ samples.
- Soil crusts cartographer (maps used in ecology and hydrology).
- Consulting soil sciences for natural disasters in Ecuador (El Niño and landslides).
- Consulting soil sciences for hydrophysical measurements in Asia and Central America.
Advisor and lecturer for students (engineers, MSc and students PhD) and partners (workshop-training in Asia and Central America).
Methodology – hydrophysical measurements from 1m2 to 100ha. I developed many technical innovations such as runoff simulator, apparatus for taking pictures in the vertical position, and traps for in situ sediment samples.
Watershed studies – i) On-sites effects by hydro-sedimentary survey, characterization of carbon sequestration and macrofauna activities, hydrochory measurement, soil surface features description. ii) Off-sites effect with specific focus soil losses by runoff, the siltation, and the water quality of reservoirs.